Excursion to the Perito Moreno Glacier
Book this unforgettable tour to El Calafate where you will explore the beautiful landscapes of the Argentine Patagonia and you will witness the landslides of the Perito Moreno Glacier.
|Type of service||Regular|
|Seasonal Availabilty||All year round|
|Type of traveller||Solo traveler, With kids, Backpackers, Couples|
- Transfer to and from hotels located in in the centre of El Calafate.
- Bilingual tour guide.
Monday to Sunday.
Departs at 8 hs during high season (from September-April)
9 hours approx.
The Excursion to the Perito Moreno Glacier is undoubtedly one of the greatest attractions in Argentina. Those who take part in this memorable tour will fall in love with Its majestic landscape, snow and vegetation. The Perito Moreno glacier is located in Los Glaciares National Park, in the Patagonia region, a place declared Natural World Heritage Site by the UNESCO.
The departures are daily from El Calafate to Los Glaciares National Park. The tour lasts one day and is carried out with a bilingual guide who comes to pick you up at your hotel after breakfast to walk together along the wooden paths. Walk the catwalks and visit the balconies located at different levels to appreciate the Perito Moreno glacier from different angles. During the tour, you’ll also have the chance, if you want to, to navigate approaching the south wall of this imposing 60-meter glacier.
Whether in summer or winter, shelter is necessary. The high season begins at the end of October and extends until the end of the Holy Week. Within these months the famous landslides of the glacier usually happen. The biggest ones happen every 3 or 4 years, especially between December and March, so it is necessary to book this trip in advance. During this time, the famous trekkings are carried out under a pleasant and shining sun. The low season runs from May to September and although some shops remain closed there are seasonal activities so the tour takes place all year round. It is an ideal time for those who enjoy snowy landscapes or want to practice winter sports. The Fiesta del Hielo in Bahía Redonda takes place in July where you have the opportunity to attend skating exhibitions, "Chueca" which is a traditional sport of the area, ice sculptures, music and competitions.
This is an essential destination that you can not miss during your holidays in Argentina. A wonderful experience to perform as a family, with a partner or friends. Book now!
- For this tour, it is essential that you send the following information, along with your payment reservation, to email@example.com: - Full name as it appears on your passport - Passport number - Date of birth - Gender - Nationality
- Without this data we cannot make the reservation or guarantee the availability of the tour. Once we receive this email, we will send you an email confirmation of the activity along with the vouchers. Please note that this process may take longer than the usual 48 hs.
- Optional: Within the Los Glaciares National Park, passengers have the opportunity to take a boat ride, navigating along the northern face of the Perito Moreno glacier. This boat excursion is optional and is not included in the full day tour price. Passengers are not obliged to take the glacier boat excursion but instead can wait in the National Park’s cafeteria.
- We recommended you bring your own lunch and drinks for the day tour as there is only one snack bar inside the National Park.
- Entrance fees to the Los Glaciares National Park must be paid upon arrival at Perito Moreno (Cash only). Click here for up-to-date entrance fees to the park.
- The walkways around the Perito Moreno have a total of 900 stairs but it is not necessary to climb them all. Passengers with physical difficulties can make use of the elevators to see views of the glacier from the lookout point.