Day in Machu Picchu from Ollantaytambo
Travel comfortably in train from Ollantaytambo, while you contemplate the impressive landscape of the Andes and enjoy a guided visit to Machu Picchu, one of the most mysterious places in the world.
|Type of service||N/A|
|Seasons||All year round|
|Type of traveller||With kids, Couples|
|Type of tour||Attractions|
- Transfers Cusco / Ollantaytambo / Cusco.
- Professional guide in Spanish / English.
- Train Expedition
- Regular entrance and bus to Machu Picchu.
From Monday to Sunday
Time subject to the train.
12 hs approx.
Venture to discover the Valle Sagrado (Sacred Valley) of the Incas on this full day excursion from Cusco!
Do you really want to discover Machu Picchu without missing anything? Then this full day tour in Machu Picchu from Ollantaytambo is perfect for you. You will visit one of the 7 wonders of the Modern world in just one day!
Traveling to Machu Picchu is a dream of many people, and it is very important to plan it in advance and to pay close attention to each detail so that it can go as planned. This is why we offer you a Day in Machu Picchu from Ollantaytambo.
The day begins when they pick you up in Ollantaytambo where you will take the train, you will travel for 2 hours to the town Aguas Calientes or also known as “Machu Picchu Pueblo”. Here you will find the train station, a market of handcrafts, restaurants and lodging.
Upon your arrival to Machu Picchu, which translates to “Old Mountain”, it is considered a World Heritage Site by UNESCO and is one of the new 7 wonders of the world, you will find yourself in front of a masterpiece of engineering and architecture that is believed to have served as a sanctuary and a place of rest for the Incan Pachacuti Inca Yupanqui (1428 - 1572). If you choose, you can also visit the Intipunku (Door of the Sun), the Wayna Picchu (subject to availability) and the Incan Door. Finally you will return in train to the starting point.
Traveling to Machu Picchu is an experience you will remember for a long time. Enjoy a marvelous Incan trip to the peak of an incredible mountain in an incredible train. It will exceed your expectations!
- Transfer Policy: The tour includes transfers from downtown hotels in Cusco / Ollantaytambo / Cusco. It also includes the Expedition train: fully covered wagons immersed in the designs of the Inca culture, leather seats, panoramic windows and a snack.
- Once the reservation is made, it is necessary to send an email with the following information: passengers complete name, passport number, nationality, language, date of birth, arrival date to the destination and name of the hotel for pick-up. This information must be sent in order to confirm the reservation.
- If you wish the guide in another language, please notify our customer service team.
- This tour does not include tips or drinks.
- Remember to take warm clothing, comfortable shoes, sunscreen, water and money for additional spending money.
- Each passenger can take a bag of up to 5 kilograms.
- Women who are past 7 months or more pregnant cannot board the train.