Uruguay Experience: Day in Montevideo from Buenos Aires
The Day Tour in Montevideo is the perfect circuit to tour the city and enjoy its architecture and its traditional Mercado del Puerto. The best opportunity to tour Montevideo!
|Type of service||Regular|
|Seasonal Availabilty||All year round|
|Type of traveller||Solo traveler, With kids, Backpackers, Couples|
- Journey to Montevideo and back to Buenos Aires on board the boat, Francisco.
- Lunch at El Fogón restaurant.
- Montevideo City Tour.
- Shopping Tour (does not operate on Saturdays).
Monday to Sunday.
Departs at 6:30 hs.
Arrival in Montevideo: 11:00 hs. Depart Montevideo for Buenos Aires: 19:15 hs.
11 hours approx.
The Day Tour in Montevideo is the perfect excursion for those who wish to know in depth the country’s identity and history. Montevideo is the largest city in the bay of the same name, with a rich colonial history and subsequent independence. With this tour you will visit the most charming places of interest of the Uruguayan capital and, on the banks of the Río de la Plata, enjoy its beautiful beaches.
To go to Montevideo you have several ferry companies available, the trip usually takes just over an hour. The tour begins when you arrive at the port of Buenos Aires where you board the corresponding ferry that will take you to Montevideo, Uruguay. One of the classic places to visit is the city center. During colonial times, the center was originally a Spanish citadel and is currently the so-called Plaza de la Independencia. Next to this is the old city that is distinguished by the Cabildo de Montevideo that was built between 1804 and 1812 and for their houses and colonial monuments and Art Deco buildings. Other unmissable places to visit are also the Salvo Palace and the Solís Theater with its neoclassical style and the Mother Church. In this tour we find several museums to visit such as the Museum of Decorative Arts located in the Taranco Palace, the Torres García Museum and the Museum of Pre-Columbian and Indigenous Art. Another highly recommended point of interest is the Mercado del Puerto where you can appreciate the enormous number of asadores (steakhouse) that have become the main gastronomic circuit of the city. Finally you can do some shopping in the splendidly illuminated Shopping Punta Carretas where most of the local and international brands are concentrated.
Book the Day Tour to Montevideo and take the opportunity to get to know the most beautiful places in the urban area, enjoy the beaches on the banks of the Río de la Plata, visit the rambla, the park and the museums. The ideal proposal for a complete city tour!
- Please note that the ticket is only valid for the date and time indicated, and it is not transferable.
- The document that the passenger provides when purchasing the tickets must be the one presented to customs on the day of the tour.
- Citizens of certain countries require a visa to enter Uruguay. Find your country on the National Directorate of Migrations of Uruguay and corroborate before you book whether you need a visa to enter Uruguay.
- Persons under the age of 18 must travel in the company of their parents, who must prove this by presenting a birth certificate.
- The meeting point to start the tour is the Puerto Madero Terminal in Buenos Aires.
- On your return to Buenos Aires at the end of the tour, you will find a variety of options for taxis from the Puerto Madero Terminal back to your hotel. Transfer from Ferry Port to your Hotel in Buenos Aires is not included.
- If you don’t arrive at the port on time, the value of the booking will not be reimbursed.
- Passengers from Mercosur travelling on their passport must carry their entry permit to Argentina to be stamped by authorities. The agency is not responsible for fines or penalties incurred by lack of documentation.
- To make changes or cancel your booking, you will need to contact our customer service team at least 48 hours before the date of your reservation. Otherwise no changes or refunds will be allowed.
- If there is any special dietary requirement, please inform it after booking.