City Tour through Cusco and Nearby Ruins
Visit the most important tourist attractions in the city of Cusco: The Cathedral, The Temple of the Sun and 3 nearby ruins. Experience in person the Incan culture. Reserve your City Tour through Cusco now!
|Type of service||Regular|
|Seasons||All year round|
|Type of traveller||With kids, Backpackers, Couples|
|Type of tour||N/A|
- Transfers to and from hotels within the established route.
- Professional guide in Spanish / English.
From Monday to Sunday.
Departure: 13:00 hs.
4 hours approx.
The city of Cusco is rich in both its customs and traditions, it was the main capital of the Incan culture. Each street in Cusco is full of history and mystery, also many of the residents still speak their native tongue, which is Quechua, and maintain their way of life that has existed for thousands of years.
The City Tour in Cusco begins in the city center with a visit to an impressive Cathedral where in its foundations one will find an Incan enclosure. Also, this Cathedral is famous in all of Perú for its wealth of paintings of religious scsene from the school of Cusco, painted by Quechuan natives in the 17th century. You will also visit the Sagrada Familia Temple and the Church del Triunfo.
From here you will head to Koricancha, also called the “Sun Temple”, one of the most important and representative of the Incan Culture. Later this visit head to the Sacsayhuaman ruins, one of the emblematic constructions of the Incas, erected but the Incan Pachacutec in the 15 century. It is an impressive fort that was built with enormous polished boulders with the purpose of protecting the entrance to the city. Its architecture will take your breath away!
You will then continue on towards Quenqo, an archeological complex located 4 kilometers from the city Cusco, it functioned as a center for ceromonies and rituals, a type of ampitheatre where sacrifices were carried out. Finally, you will visit Pura Pukara, an old dairy farm, and guard posts that go along the Incan trails. After the visit to the ruins, you will return to your hotel in the center of the city.
Don’t miss this fascinating City Tour through Cusco, where you will discover this impressive colonial city built upon Incan bases. Reserve now with Daytours4u!
- Transfer policy: This tour includes transfers from downtown hotels and ends at the main square of Cusco.
- Children policy: Children over 5 years of age pay for the entire tour.
- The entrance to the archaeological sites has an extra cost and the passengers must acquire it during the tour, at the moment of the entrance to these places.
- If you wish the guide in another language, please notify our customer service team.
- This tour does not include tips or drinks.
- Remember to take warm clothing, comfortable shoes, sunscreen, water and money for additional spending money.