Classic City Tour through Asunción
Reserve this Classic City Tour through Asunción now and discover the customs and culture of the Paraguayan capital while you are marveled with its beautiful architecture.
|Type of service||Regular|
|Seasons||All year round|
|Type of traveller||Solo traveller, With kids, Backpackers, Couples|
|Type of tour||Sightseeing Tours|
- Three hour tour through Asunción.
- Professional guide in Spanish / English / Portuguese. For other languages, see details.
From Tuesday to Sunday.
Departure: 9:30 hs.
3 hours approx.
Did you know that the first American revolution happens in Asunción? And that the first women’s assembly on the American continent also happens here? With this Classic City Your discover why Pope Francis said that the Paraguayan woman is the most glorious woman of America and many other things, too!
Asunción is the capital of Paraguay, it is also known as the “Mother of all cities”. With this tour you will enjoy a panoramic view of the city that has a painteresque combination of modern and colonial architecture.
The tour begins once you arrive to the meeting point where our guide will be waiting for you anxiously to show you the best parts of Asunción, this includes the city center and residential areas like the Independence House, The Metropolitan Cathedral, the Town Hall (a former governmental building that is now a cultural center that hosts events and exhibitions for creatives and intelectuals) and the Railway Station, where you can see the oldest Steam locomotive in South America.
You will also visit the National Pantheon of Heroes, where the remains of the most important heroes in Paraguayan history rest; and the Mariscal López Avenue, also known as the Avenue of the Embassies.
The last stop on this City Tour through Asunción will be at the popular handcraft market La Recova . You will be surprised with the fascinating and exotic habit of the people drinking “tereré” (extravagant thermoses covered in leather used to drink yerba mate). Are you ready to learn more about the rich history of the Paraguayan capital? Reserve online!
- This City Tour does not include transfers.
- Children policies: children up to 5 years of age do not pay for this tour. Children older than 6 years old will pay the whole price for this tour.
- Once you make the reservation, our Customer Service Team will get in touch with you in order to provide you with the detailed information you will need and the exact address of the meeting point.
- We recommend that you take comfortable shoes, clothing, and sunscreen.
- In the request of the tour in Russian / German / French there will be an extra charge of US$10.