10 Things You Didn't Know About Rio de Janeiro [Infographic]
You probably knew that Rio de Janeiro hosts the world’s largest Carnival celebrations each year. But did you know that the city’s nickname is Cidade Maravilhosa – the Marvellous City? Or that it is considered the cultural capital of Brazil? Discover 10 more interesting facts about this truly wondrous megacity with this Daytours4u infographic.
All the previous travellers who have made Rio the most visited city in Latin America can't be wrong! See for yourself why this is a city is so appealing to so many people from across the globe.
Here are some ways to experience some of the most interesting things in Rio de Janeiro for yourself.
- Visit the Christ the Redeemer statue with a Christ the Redeemer City Tour.
- Explore some of the 50km worth of pristine beaches. There are plenty of beaches to choose from, whether you're looking for a relaxing spot to tan, a fun and safe place for your kids to play, seeking good surfing waves, or want to find the trendiest stretch of sand to see and be seen.
- Take in the magic of the Maracanã stadium. Do a tour of the stadium or attend a local football game and truly experience the Brazilian football fever.
- Skip the cable car queues and climb Sugar Loaf Mountain. With a bit of hiking and climbing, in a safe environment, you'll be rewarded for your effort with the best views of Rio.
- Enjoy the local music scene, from Bossa Nova to Samba and Forró.
- Learn more about the history of Rio de Janeiro and uncover more fascinating facts about the Marvellous City on a Historical Walking Tour.
- Celebrate the biggest party in the world all year with the Carnival Experience. On this tour you will discover everything that happens behind the staging of the carnival, how the samba schools are organized and you can even wear fantasy costumes full of brightness and color.
Discover more interesting things you didn't know about Rio de Janeiro for yourself! Plan your travels to Rio with Rdj4u.com.