Uruguay Experience: Day in Colonia from Buenos Aires
Colonia del Sacramento is one of the most visited tourist destinations in Uruguay. Come and enjoy its extraordinary architecture and historical places. Book now!
|Type of service||Regular|
|Seasonal Availabilty||All year round|
|Type of traveller||Solo traveler, With kids, Backpackers, Couples|
- Return trip tickets for fast ferry from Buenos Aires.
- Walking tour through the Historical Centre.
- Bilingual guide (English and Spanish).
Monday to Sunday.
Departs at 7:00 hs.
10 hours approx.
The beautiful city of Colonia del Sacramento in Uruguay is the ideal destination to take a walk, touring and enjoying the splendid constructions made by the first Portuguese settlers giving way to the subsequent Spanish influence and the consequent architecture acquired at the end the colonial period. Colonia is separated from Buenos Aires by the Río de la Plata, just one hour from the Argentine capital and is reached by the different ferries available.
The day tour in Colonia del Sacramento is perfect for those tourists who love walking the city inch by inch and unraveling the stories and diverse legends that make up their identity. Colonia is famous for its cobbled streets and characteristic buildings whose antiquity goes back to when the city was just a Portuguese settlement. Another very interesting tourist spot is the Colonia del Sacramento Lighthouse belonging to the 19th century and offering a magnificent panoramic view of the river. Nearby is the historic Portón de Campo, then there is the Calle de los Suspiros where the art gallery of the same name is located. It is an old house with a beautiful garden in the background where beautiful pieces of art are hoarded. There are also museums like the Museum of the Shipwrecks and Treasures or the Portuguese Museum of Colonia del Sacramento. Also the Rambla de Colonia that you can walk for 4 kilometers surrounded by romantic views of the city, and, if the sky is clear you can even see Buenos Aires, the Plaza Mayor and the traditional Plaza de Armas Manuel Lobo whose construction coincides with the founding of the city.
The best option for a different, adventurous and cultural tour is here, in Colonia del Sacramento, the beautiful Uruguayan city declared a World Heritage Site. Make your reservation now and do not miss this opportunity! Colonia del Sacramento is one of the most visited tourist destinations in Uruguay. Come and enjoy its extraordinary architecture and historical places. Book now!
- This tour is not guided, services are offered individually.
- The meeting point to start the tour is the Puerto Madero Terminal in Buenos Aires.
- On your return to Buenos Aires at the end of the tour, you will find a variety of options for taxis from the Puerto Madero Terminal back to your hotel. Transfer from Ferry Port to your Hotel in Buenos Aires is not included.
- The trip by ferry takes approximately 1 hour.
- If the lunch option at a restaurant is selected, note that drinks are not included in the price.
- If you don’t arrive at the port on time, the value of the booking will not be reimbursed. To start the tour, you should be in Puerto Madero by 7am, and to return you’ll need to be at the port in Colonia by 4pm.
- To enter Uruguay you will need your passport or other relevant document. It is the responsibility of the passenger to ensure they have the proper documentation. Find your country on the National Directorate of Migrations of Uruguay and corroborate before you book whether you need a visa to enter Uruguay.
- Passengers from Mercosur travelling on their passport must carry their entry permit to Argentina to be stamped by authorities. The agency is not responsible for fines or penalties incurred by lack of documentation.
- To make changes or cancel your booking, you will need to contact our customer service team at least 48 hours before the date of your reservation. Otherwise no changes or refunds will be allowed.