Excursion to Tortuga Bay Beach
Enjoy a day of sun by the ocean as you share it with iguanas, sea lions, and turtles with this excursion to Tortuga Bay Beach on the Galápagos Islands. Click here to reserve this adventure!
|Type of service||Regular|
|Seasons||All year round|
|Type of traveller||With kids|
|Type of tour||Attractions|
- Round trip transfer from the hotels in Santa Cruz Island (see details).
- Bilingual guide Spanish - English.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
8 hours approx.
Tortuga Bay is a white sanded beach with turquoise water, perhaps the most beautiful at the Galápagos Islands and it gets its name because it usually has a massive visit from sea turtles during their nesting season. It is located on the southern part of Santa Cruz island and you arrive after a walk along a trail that goes through the cactus forests with iguanas everywhere.
This excursion to Tortuga Bay Beach begins in the morning when you are picked up at the hotel. You will take an estimated 40 minute walk to the beach, one of the most beautiful ones of Galápagos, white sand and fascinating mangroves. At the area of “Playa Mansa” (Peaceful beach) you can swim and enjoy a tranquil morning. After, you will have free time to have lunch.
In the afternoon you will take a short boat tour through the bay in order to visit “La Lobería” (sea lion colony) precisely because sea lions can be found there. At this place you will be able to go snorkeling. Continuing on the tour, you will head to the famous “Canal del Amor” (The Love Canal), an ideal place to admire the natural surrounding beauty. At the end of this canal, just a few meters away, you will come to a lookout point where you can observe whitetip reef sharks. You will also visit Punta Estrada and you will see some Galápagos Sea Iguanas up close on the beach called “Playa de los Perros” (The Dogs’ Beach)to later return to the pier.
If you are considering taking your vacations to the Galápagos Islands, make sure you don’t forget to visit Tortuga Bay. It is ideal to spend with small children for its calm and warm water. You will feel like you have arrived to paradise. Reserve now with Daytours4u!
- Transfer policies: the transfer service include the hotels Flamingo, Red Booby, Mainao, Galápagos Suites, Fernandina, Villa Laguna, Isla Sol, SolyMar, Angermeyer, and Royal Palm. Ask if you hotel is included in this list, otherwise, our Customer Service Team will assign a meeting point or you can contact us and request a private transfer service.
- Children policy: children under the age of 3 years do not pay, any children above the age of 3 pay the whole price of the tour.
- The snorkel equipment is not included and renting it is optional.